Course Introduction Video
Create more joy, calm and connection throughout your pregnancy!
Does this sound like you?
- I just don’t feel like myself right now
- I’m not loving being pregnant the way I thought I would
- My partner and I are having trouble connecting with each other
- I thought pregnancy would be filled with more joy and less stress
- I feel overwhelmed by life right now
- I feel totally and completely exhausted day in and day out
- I’m just going through the motions of my day in “survival mode”
*Feeling like yourself again
*Loving more parts of your pregnancy
*Feeling emotionally connected to your partner
*Feeling more joy and less stress in everyday life
*Feeling like you can handle whatever comes your way
*Feeling energized throughout the day
*Thriving in life right here and now
Think about what it would mean to you to feel like yourself again. To feel happy and content throughout the remainder of your pregnancy, and excited and hopeful about the future as you transition into motherhood (or being a mom to more kids). This is possible! This course will show you how!
Here’s what’s included in this eight-part course:
- Introduction (3:51) About this course, course objectives, and a little about me
- Deep Dive into Pregnancy (8:29) Your pregnancy story, grief and the road to pregnancy, Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADs), anxiety during pregnancy, depression during pregnancy, and perinatal bipolar mood disorders
- Pregnancy and Motherhood Life Transitions (8:29) Life transitions, the first trimester, the second trimester, the third trimester, grief and loss, and transitioning into motherhood
- Creating Space for Feelings and Emotions (7:56) Emotional intelligence, anger, emotional flooding, and hope for the future
- New Normals (6:40) Internal and external stressors in pregnancy, and surviving versus thriving in pregnancy
- Mental Wellness (7:05) Mindset and thinking patterns, self-criticism and self-judgment
- Pregnancy and Mom Life (14:48) Guilt and shame, breastfeeding challenges, pumping challenges, formula feeding challenges, exhaustion, overwhelm, busyness, and perfectionism
- Strengthening Relationships (9:09) Parenting, your partner, traits found in happy families, and the research
- Taking Good Care of You (10:11) Boundary setting, basic self-care needs, physical self-care ideas, mental self-care ideas, emotional self-care ideas, and spiritual self-care ideas
- Conclusion (3:02) Beyond pregnancy, mental health resources, and let’s connect
Some of the positive outcomes you may experience after working on these areas in your life during pregnancy include:
- Feeling more present in both body and mind
- Feeling better about yourself from the inside out
- Heightened self-compassion and self-love
- Increased feelings of worth, and that your life truly has purpose and value
- Increased self-confidence and higher self-esteem
- An increase in emotional intelligence and a better understanding of your pregnancy experiences
- Creating a kinder and gentler inner voice
- Showing yourself more grace
- Feeling thankful and grateful for all you have right here and now
- Forgiving yourself and others
- Forming deeper emotional bonds with loved ones
- Creating more joy, more calm, and more connection throughout pregnancy and motherhood!
Pregnancy Mental Wellness Student:
This course helped me reflect on the pregnancy phase of my life. I was there twice and also struggled with five years of infertility. Taking Heidi’s course brought it all back, and what a gem for the world of moms-to-be. This stuff is hard, and not often openly discussed. So, take a deep breath, and allow yourself to be supported by Heidi’s compassion, validation and solid information. -Laura
A Little About Me:
Personally, I’m a wife, mom of two teenage kids, and dog mom to one Labrador retriever.
Professionally, I’m a Texas Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) and Texas Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). I have a Perinatal Mental Health Certification (PMH-C) through Postpartum Support International. Along with being a trained therapist, I’m also an author, blogger, speaker, podcaster and coach, and have been featured as an expert in 350+ articles.
I’m so happy you’re here ready to learn more about pregnancy mental wellness! Many of the things you’ll be learning about in this course I don’t just teach professionally, but I also understand personally from my own pregnancy experiences.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why this course?
My whole intent behind creating this course is to share what I’ve learned in my own work and training as a perinatal mental health specialist, so that you can have the best pregnancy experience possible. It’s all the things I wish I knew years ago back when I was struggling through my own pregnancy experiences.
Is this course for me?
This course is not only for pregnant women, but also for women preparing for pregnancy, as well as friends, family members and professionals who would like to better help and support pregnant women.
What’s included in this course?
Along with the in-depth, self-paced videos, there are handouts and reflection questions/journal prompts for each of the eight course sections. You’ll also get:
- Instant access
- Lifetime access
- Any future course updates
Where will I find time in my day to watch the course videos?
The information is taught in short video segments which is perfect for busy pregnant women.
How much does the course cost?
I simply want this crucial mental wellness information out in the world and accessible to all pregnant women, at an affordable price.
Think about how different your life will be a month from now or six months from now or even a year from now, if you start this course today. The sooner you start, the sooner you can begin to feel better and back to yourself again. So, what are you waiting for?