The beginning is the most important part of the work.
So, you’re ready for online video counseling sessions , but you’re wondering how to start the process, right? All therapists set up their practices a little differently, but in my private practice based out of Flower Mound, Texas, I like to start with a free 15-minute phone consultation. Why? To see if we’d be a good fit to work together.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about my counseling private practice:
- How much does counseling with you cost? $135/50 minute session
- Do you take insurance? I am considered an out-of-network provider, and will provide you with a medical receipt on a monthly basis. You can then submit this receipt to your insurance company for possible reimbursement (which they will send directly to you). Please contact your insurance company to find out the reimbursement amount for out-of-network counseling.
- How do I pay for my sessions? I accept all major credit cards as forms of payment.
- What should I do if I need to cancel or reschedule a session? If you are unable to attend your session, please cancel at least 24 hours in advance. Otherwise, you will be charged the full rate of the session.
- Where do I find your paperwork? I use a safe, secure and user-friendly Electronic Health Record (EHR) called Simple Practice. It’s quick, easy and all online. Once you’re scheduled for your first session, I’ll send you a link to the Simple Practice portal where you can fill out the necessary paperwork before our initial session together.
- How do I log on to our online video counseling call? Once your paperwork is filled out (preferably the day before your first session so I have time to read through it before we get started), I send a separate email about our video call. This email includes the link for all of our online video sessions, as well as some helpful tips for a successful video call. Once you click on the link provided, you’ll arrive in my virtual waiting room. Just type in your name and the system lets me know you’ve checked in, and are ready for your session.
Ready to get started with online video counseling ? If you’re a woman living in the state of Texas, please email me today to schedule your free 15-minute phone consultation.
[…] I’ve always been pretty adventurous and outside-of-the-box. One of my all time favorite things to do is visit new places, especially ones I’ve always wanted to see, especially the places that are on my travel bucket list (and boy is it a long one!). I also love meeting new people and hearing new life stories, one of the (many!) reasons I love being a counselor! All that being said, it surprised me that my adventurous nature is what lead me to become one of the primer online counselors in Texas. […]
[…] Once you’ve made your therapist choice, start with a free phone call or video chat. This is to ensure that you really connect with one another before you schedule your initial session together. […]