True abundance isn’t based on our net worth, it’s based on our self-worth.
Thank about a time in your life when you were coming from a place of scarcity. What was that like for you? What did scarcity feel like in your body? Maybe heavy? Probably based in fear?
Now, think about a time in your life when you were coming from a place of abundance. What was that like for you? What did abundance feel like in your body? Maybe light? Probably based in love?
Let’s dive into these two very different concepts…
Coming from a place of scarcity may look like:
- There isn’t enough to go around
- A fear-based response
- Everyone is competition
- Not helping others
- Being risk-adverse
- Closed to feedback/not learning from others
- Negativity and pessimism about the future
- Short-term goals
- Outcome focused
What else would you add here?
Coming from a place of abundance may look like:
- There’s plenty to go around
- A heart-centered approach
- Working together/teamwork
- Helping one another
- Embracing some educated risk taking
- Giving back to others
- Open to feedback and learning from others
- Positivity and optimism about the future
- Long-term goals
- Process oriented
What else would you add to this list?
Self-care for when you’re not in a good place emotionally:
- Talk to a therapist
- Journal about your current scarcity mindset
- Allow time and space to feel your feelings
- Go outside and be mindful of the beauty all around you
- Do a quiet or guided meditation
- Be kind and gentle towards yourself
- Exercise/move your body
- Eat a healthy diet for your body
- Connect with friends and family who love you
- Come up with a helpful mantra to remind you of what’s most important in life right here and now, such as: Be Here Now, You are Worthy, and You are Loved
What else would you add here that’s helpful to you when you’re struggling with scarcity mindset?
If you’re currently not feeling like your best self, know that you’re not alone. This is a common struggle, especially if you’re currently experiencing a major life transition. I’m sending lots of love and kindness your way as you work to move your mindset from scarcity to abundance.